Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Friendly Faces

Today, I attended a conference about digital learning. While I enjoy attending conferences and learning from others, I think the best part of the whole process is the opportunity to chat with friends and colleagues. I always walk out of conferences feeling recharged, but that is large in part to the conversations I have with other teachers. Today was no different. One of my friends and colleagues was also in attendance, and we finally got the chance to catch up after a busy year and summer. As I rattled off all of my thoughts and concerns regarding going back to work and different parts of my job, he listened and offered new insights that I have never considered. The 30 minute conversation gave me an entirely new outlook on the year and my role as a teacher, technology coordinator, and most importantly, mom.

Today was a great reminder of the power of conversation. We are all guilty of always looking at difficult situations in the same way, and it was so nice to talk through some situations with a friend and hear a different outlook and perspective that challenged me, yet helped me move forward with clarity and excitement.


No comments:

Post a Comment