Tuesday, August 18, 2015

It Will Be Fine...

School has officially started, and my colleagues are all eager to get through the first two days of meetings in order prepare for our first day with students. While everyone, including myself, is disappointed and sad that summer is over, there is that same buzz of excitement that I always appreciate at the beginning of the school year.

As new teachers enter our district, they have to complete a few days of new teacher camp. As an instructional technology coordinator, I have the opportunity to present to new teachers about the technology we offer in the district. Despite the overwhelming amount of info we have to present, it was a wonderful afternoon of learning. I was so impressed with the new teachers' enthusiasm and passion for their new positions in the district. The excitement in their eyes reminded me of the excitement I had as a new teacher. What a wonderful feeling! My goal this year is to hold onto this excitement and use it in a positive way in my classroom.


I have adopted a new motto this year about all of the other work, besides teaching, that takes up a majority of the day and causes stress in the workplace:



"It will be fine!" 

The most important part of my day is the time I spend with my students, and it is my job to create a safe, creative, collaborative, and insightful environment for them to gain success as learners. Everything else will get done when it gets done. It will all be fine. 




No comments:

Post a Comment