Monday, November 4, 2013

Google Glass

I am currently in Wisconsin Dells at the Google in Education Midwest Summit. I am enjoying meeting new people and learning more about the wonderful world of Google. 

One of the sessions today was led by a man that was selected and purchased $1500 Google Glasses. While I never plan to purchase a pair due to the cost, I am intrigued by the glasses and slightly amused due to the SNL parody. While it was interesting to learn how he has used Google Glass in the classroom, I still do not know how useful and necessary it is to use Google Glasses to improve productivity in the classroom. 

Regardless, he was nice enough to let people try on the Google Glasses and try them out. I must say that like the Google geek that I am, I tried them out and thought the glasses were pretty cool. I was able to see the little screen out of my right eye and asked it to take a picture. It happened in a matter of seconds. The glasses were a little uneven, and I wonder if I would get dizzy after wearing them for awhile. Needless to say, I am quite excited that I got to try them out. I don't think I will be purchasing Google Glasses anytime soon; however, I am proud to say I tried them out. 

Reboot...

No comments:

Post a Comment